Having connected your company and your accounts, you can start customizing your settings for Stripe QuickBooks integration. You can always find them by selecting the organization needed at the top right of the page – – > Settings button on the left menu of Synder – – > find the payment platform (if you have several connected) you want to customize settings for – – > click on the Configure button:
1. General settings
- Auto-import – when “ON”, Synder will automatically synchronize transactions that come into the system after the setting has been enabled. When “OFF”, you can manually choose transactions to be synced.
Learn more about auto-sync Synder mode.
- Skip synchronization for duplicated transactions – when “ON”, transactions that already exist in your QuickBooks Online company will not be synced again.
- Apply payments to unpaid Invoice/Bill transactions – when “ON”, once the system encounters a payment that matches an unpaid invoice, it will be automatically applied to it.
- Skip synchronization for transactions in a foreign currency – when “ON”, the system will synchronize transactions in your home currency only. Synchronization of transactions in other currencies will be skipped.
- Sync unpaid (open) invoices – when “ON”, Synder will import and sync open invoices to your accounting company.
- Apply location – when “ON” you can select a location from the ones you have in your QuickBooks Online to sync your transactions with the location selected in the drop-down menu.
Check out the Synder setup guide with our recommended way of a setup.
- Bank account – a buffer account that QuickBooks sales receipts, refund receipts and payments will be deposited into. In case you do not have an account with “Stripe” in its name, it will be auto-created in your Chart of Accounts.
- Enable QuickBooks Doc Numbers – by enabling this configuration, your transactions will follow the standard QuickBooks Doc Number sequence.
- Apply generic customer – when “ON”, it assigns a generic customer name to all of your transactions. Click on to select a name. Choose from existing ones or type in a custom name.
- Payment Method – choose a payment method (cash, check, credit card, or Stripe) that will be set for QuickBooks sales receipts, refund receipts, payments, and expenses.
- Customer Name search Priority – drag and drop to the top of the list the field where the name of the customer should be taken from. If the name will not be in the field specified on the top of the list, then Synder will look at the second specified field and so on. Check out our helpful guide to learn more about Customer Name search priority.
3. Products and Services tab
This setting tab is targeted at new products and services which are created during the synchronization. Product/service type can only be non-inventory or service, because when Synder creates a new product, it does not have access to its Quantity on hand. Existing inventory products will be properly updated.
The income account specified here will be used for creating new products and services only.
Use “Create additional settings” option only in case you would like to categorize different types of transactions. We recommend to use the same Bank account for Sales and Fees.
- In the Product settings, you may select whether you would like to record transactions with an original product/service name and SKU (if any) or assign the common name. If the Original option is selected, Synder will either create a product/SKU if it doesn’t exist or match it to the existing one. If the Common product is enabled, Synder will assign a generic product to all of your transactions (you may either select an existing name from your accounting company or type in a new one).
- If the matching product doesn’t exist in your accounting company, Synder will create it and assign either the non-inventory or service type to it (you may select which one you would like to apply) and will apply the income and expense accounts you have selected in the settings;
- If you have a product name specified in the description of Stripe charge and would like to bring it to the Product/Service field in QBO after the sync, enable Get product name from a description of transaction or order;
- Product mapping: Synder is able to identify existing products in your accounting company and apply them to transactions. If product names in your Square online store and the accounting software don’t match for 100%, fill in the product names from your payment platform in the right field to map them to the product names from your QuickBooks account. Check out an additional guide about the product mapping feature.
4. Taxes tab settings
- Apply taxes – when “ON”, the system will search for a matching tax code. In case the system cannot find it, a tax amount will be included in the total sum.
- Sales Tax settings. Default tax code – choose a tax code name Synder will use for all Sales transactions marked as “taxable” in your payment system, without changing the tax amount in these transactions.
- Sales tax settings. Zero-rated tax code – choose a zero-rated tax code, Synder will apply to every item (line)/shipping line which doesn’t contain any other tax rate in the original transaction.
- Sales tax settings. Apply generic tax code – when “ON”, the system will apply the tax rate you specify in the settings to both taxable and non-taxable Sales transactions you sync with Synder.
- Expense tax settings. Apply generic tax code – when “ON”, Synder will apply the tax rate you specify in the settings to both taxable and non-taxable Sales transactions you sync with the software.
*This screen will be slightly different for US and Non-US companies. Check out how sales tax works in Synder.
5. Fees tab settings
- Bank account – this setting specifies the bank to which the Stripe fees are applied. We recommend using the same account as in the Sales – Bank account.
- Vendor – Synder will use this QuickBooks Vendor to store your Stripe fees. Select available, or type in a custom one.
- Category – this setting specifies the category to which the Stripe fees are applied.
6. Application fees tab settings
- Bank account – this setting specifies the bank to which the application fees are applied. We recommend using the same account as in the Sales – Bank account.
- Category – this setting specifies the category to which the application fees are applied.
7. Expenses tab settings
- Bank account – this setting specifies the bank to which the expenses are applied. We recommend using the same account as in the Sales – Bank account.
- Generic Vendor – Synder will use the QuickBooks Vendor you select to store your expenses. Select available, or type in a custom one.
- Category – this setting specifies the category to which the expenses are applied.
8. Payouts tab settings
This tab allows you to track Payouts that Stripe deposits to your checking account. Synder will record them in QuickBooks, allowing for a simple matching of your actual deposits from Stripe to payments that you have received in Stripe and synced using the software.
It is matched under For Review tab in the QuickBooks Banking tab.
- Process payouts – when “ON”, Synder will track and create deposit receipts reflecting Stripe payouts to your checking account.
- Transfer Funds To – Choose the checking account that you deposit the funds from Stripe to.
9. Multi currency
You can find how to customize Multiple Currencies here in the Multicurrency tab. Follow the link to find how to enable multicurrency in QuickBooks.
Do you have any questions? We would love to hear from you. Send an email to the address specified in the footer of this page.